- The Australian Index
- Royston-Petrie Seeds P.O. Box 1152 Ph: (61) 2 6372 7800 www.roystonpetrieseeds.com.au
- Cornucopia Seed Cornucopia Seeds and Plants Ph (03) 5457 1230 http://cornucopiaseeds.com.au
- Select Organic M.S 905, Lower Beechmont 4211 www.selectorganic.com.au Organic Seeds
- GreenHarvest 52 Crystal Waters, M.S. 16, MALENY 4552 Ph: (07) 5494 4676 www.greenharvest.com.au
- Greenpatch PO Box 1285, TAREE, NSW 2430 (02) 6551 4240 www.greenpatchseeds.com.au email@example.com
- The Italian Gardener Allsun Farm, PO Box 8050, Gundaroo, New South Wales, 2620 (02) 6236 8173 www.theitaliangardener.com.au firstname.lastname@example.org Italian vegetable seeds
- Kings Seeds PO Box 2785, Bundaberg, QLD 4670, Australia Tel: 07 4159 4882 www.kingseeds.com.au
- Phoenix Seeds PO Box 207 , Snug, TAS, Australia 03) 6267 9663 Only postal Very unusual seeds
- Diggers www.diggers.com.au email@example.com Fantastic company become a member and help them in their work, they have two sites, St Erith (nr Daylesford) and Heronswood (Mornington Peninsula) and when you become a member you get sent out a free magazine / newsletter
- Eden Seed M.S. 905, Lower Beechmont 4211 (07) 5533 1107 www.edenseeds.com.au Lots of information botanical and taste
- The Lost Seed The Lost Seed PO Box 321 SHEFFIELD TAS 7306 ph: 03 6491 1000 www.thelostseed.com.au Has a selection of very rare vegetables, and a great free download of sow what when chart
Saturday, July 5, 2008
About three years ago I moved to the 2nd biggest city in Victoria, Geelong. After years of living in units and shared accomadation, I could finally have a vegie garden again. After emigrating to Australia, I longed for home grown organic vegies. At last I had a backyard. I was working in Melbourne and commuting up to three hours a day, had a budget of zero. But was ready to start.
I started by building my raised no-dig beds out of corragated iron and wood. After a while, the grass got out of hand so I mulched with cardboard and wood chips. Now all the beds are built, drip system installed (here we are on stage 4 water restrictions, so my garden is watered with washing machine water) and most of our food is produced here. I would love more fruit trees, but am restricted by growing them in pots as I am only renting.